Dashboards & Visualizations

layoutPanel - how to specify rows and columns

p_basanth

The below snippet extracted from the lister module intro example.

No results are displayed while using the below layoutPanel. Do we have to use any additional parameters?

module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col1"
group="Drilldowns - 1" autoRun="True"

results are displayed while using layoutPanel="mainSearchControls"

0 Karma
1 Solution

wpreston
Motivator

Your specification of the layoutPanel appears to be correct. Can you post some more of your xml? At the risk of telling you something you may already know/have in place, you need a results module of some kind downstream from the HiddenSearch to display your results, like so:

...My View XML...
<module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="Drilldowns - 1" autoRun="True">
    <param name="search">mySearchParams</param>
    <module name="Paginator">
        <param name="entityName">events</param>
        <module name="SimpleResultsTable">
            <param name="drilldown>all</param>
        </module>
    </module>       
</module>
...The rest of My View XML...

Like I said, you may already know this or have it in your view, but I thought I'd offer it up anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you have anything using panel_row1_col1? The row/panel magic in dashboard.html requires that if you use row2, you must have already used row1.

0 Karma

wpreston
Motivator

Your specification of the layoutPanel appears to be correct. Can you post some more of your xml? At the risk of telling you something you may already know/have in place, you need a results module of some kind downstream from the HiddenSearch to display your results, like so:

...My View XML...
<module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row1_col1" group="Drilldowns - 1" autoRun="True">
    <param name="search">mySearchParams</param>
    <module name="Paginator">
        <param name="entityName">events</param>
        <module name="SimpleResultsTable">
            <param name="drilldown>all</param>
        </module>
    </module>       
</module>
...The rest of My View XML...

Like I said, you may already know this or have it in your view, but I thought I'd offer it up anyway.

0 Karma

p_basanth

Hi Ayn,

I tried with view template="dashboard.html" as well as blank view. Failure in both cases.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

What view template are you using?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...