Dashboards & Visualizations

jquery dashboard

csimonnet

Hi,
I would like to have the weather on a panel in my dashboard. My code works but not with Splunk.
xml:

<dashboard script="clock.js, weather.js" stylesheet="clock.css, weather.css">
 <row>
    <panel>
      <html>
        <div class="weather" id="weather"></div>
      </html>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>

javascript:

require([
       "splunkjs/ready!",
       "splunkjs/mvc/simplexml/ready!",
       "jquery"
     ], function($) {

$(document).ready(function() {
var weatherUrl = 'https://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20item.condition%20from%20weather.forecast%20where%20woeid%20in%20(select%20woeid%20from%20geo.places(1)%20where%20text%3D%22lyon%22)%20and%20u%3D%22c%22&format=json&env=store%3A%2F%2Fdatatables.org%2Falltableswithkeys'

$.getJSON(weatherUrl,function(data) {
var result = data.query.results.channel.item.condition;
var code = result.code;
var currently = result.text; 
var temp = result.temp; 
var image = 'https://s.yimg.com/zz/combo?a/i/us/nws/weather/gr/' + result.code + 'd.png';
var units = 'C'

html = '<h2><i class="icon-'+code+'"></i> '+temp+'&deg;'+units+'</h2>';
 html += '<ul><li>'+'Lyon'+', '+'France'+'</li>';
html += '<li class="currently">'+currently+'</li>';
 $("#weather").html(html);

});
});
});

What I have to do?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@csimonnet if this is working for you in HTML and not in Splunk, can you share a screenshot of what output you need from your HTML code? Also what is the CDN/reference URL for clock and weather JavaScript libraries?

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...