Dashboards & Visualizations

how to retrieve saved search properties via javascript?

RiccardoV
Communicator

Hi,
i'm writing a SimpleXML dashboard and i want to print some properties of a saved search that I have in my app.

I import a javascript file in my dashboard that create a new savedsearchmanager:

var mySavedSearch = new SavedSearchManager({
    id: "example-saved-report",
        searchname: "savedsearch_name",
        app: "myapp"
});

and it works fine, if I print the object in the js console I can see all the information:

console.log(mySavedSearch);

But I am not able to find two basic informations that I need:

1) is the saved search enabled or disabled? - (in the savedsearches.conf file I have disabled = 1, I want to retrieve that value)

2) How is the search scheduled? - (in the savedsearches.conf file I have cron_schedule = 0 */12 * * *, I want to retrieve that value)

1 Solution

RiccardoV
Communicator

create a searchmanager with a call to the rest api:

| rest /servicesNS/user/app_name/properties/savedsearches/saved_search_name/cron_schedule | append [ | rest /servicesNS/user/app_name/properties/savedsearches/saved_search_name/disabled ]

and it will return the two results I need

View solution in original post

RiccardoV
Communicator

create a searchmanager with a call to the rest api:

| rest /servicesNS/user/app_name/properties/savedsearches/saved_search_name/cron_schedule | append [ | rest /servicesNS/user/app_name/properties/savedsearches/saved_search_name/disabled ]

and it will return the two results I need

cgaete
Explorer

Can I modify the properties or do CRUD using the REST API?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...