Dashboards & Visualizations

how to make a dashboard into an external web link

jshekell
Explorer

created a dashboard with a resulting Pie chart per clients name entered (displaying CPU results - Usage broken down). Now, I want to take that dashboard and make it a URL, to be displayed/accessed by people without Splunk access (view only).

0 Karma
1 Solution

jshekell
Explorer

Thank you that worked well. The only big issue I see, which is to still be tested. I had created a search that updated every min within Splunk, but when I set the URL, it appears it wants a different schedule.

index=main sourcetype=ps host=* earliest=-30s latest=now()
| stats min(_time) as latest by process_name,pid,user,pctCPU
| strcat process_name " - Process: " pctCPU "% Used: " pid " - PID: " user proc
| table proc pctCPU

I just put Host=* so the host I'm using is not avaiable for everyone to see

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jshekell
Explorer

Thank you that worked well. The only big issue I see, which is to still be tested. I had created a search that updated every min within Splunk, but when I set the URL, it appears it wants a different schedule.

index=main sourcetype=ps host=* earliest=-30s latest=now()
| stats min(_time) as latest by process_name,pid,user,pctCPU
| strcat process_name " - Process: " pctCPU "% Used: " pid " - PID: " user proc
| table proc pctCPU

I just put Host=* so the host I'm using is not avaiable for everyone to see

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @jshekell,

This feature is available via Embedded Reported. It's easy to configure if you already have the report ready.

Have a look here for the steps :
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Report/Embedscheduledreports

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers,
David

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...