Dashboards & Visualizations

how to make a dashboard into an external web link

jshekell
Explorer

created a dashboard with a resulting Pie chart per clients name entered (displaying CPU results - Usage broken down). Now, I want to take that dashboard and make it a URL, to be displayed/accessed by people without Splunk access (view only).

0 Karma
1 Solution

jshekell
Explorer

Thank you that worked well. The only big issue I see, which is to still be tested. I had created a search that updated every min within Splunk, but when I set the URL, it appears it wants a different schedule.

index=main sourcetype=ps host=* earliest=-30s latest=now()
| stats min(_time) as latest by process_name,pid,user,pctCPU
| strcat process_name " - Process: " pctCPU "% Used: " pid " - PID: " user proc
| table proc pctCPU

I just put Host=* so the host I'm using is not avaiable for everyone to see

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jshekell
Explorer

Thank you that worked well. The only big issue I see, which is to still be tested. I had created a search that updated every min within Splunk, but when I set the URL, it appears it wants a different schedule.

index=main sourcetype=ps host=* earliest=-30s latest=now()
| stats min(_time) as latest by process_name,pid,user,pctCPU
| strcat process_name " - Process: " pctCPU "% Used: " pid " - PID: " user proc
| table proc pctCPU

I just put Host=* so the host I'm using is not avaiable for everyone to see

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @jshekell,

This feature is available via Embedded Reported. It's easy to configure if you already have the report ready.

Have a look here for the steps :
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Report/Embedscheduledreports

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers,
David

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...