Dashboards & Visualizations

how to customize or edit the data that is shown with tooltip?

jperezh
Explorer

Greetings everyone, I'm trying to custojmize the information that is show with tooltip on a piechart so I can show any other information besides count, count%, sourcetype

I have already try to use the javascript code suggested here: SplunkAnswers1

I put the code on a js file, then in my html code I inserte the script link so it can be executed on the dashboard but It doesn't do anything, I have looked for the javascript file, that has the tooltip function, to modify it but I couldn't find it.

thanks for your help

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@jperezh, what is the other information that you need to show in Tooltip?

The answer that you have referred to is for Custom Tooltip in a Table. However, what you need is a custom Tooltip in a Pie Chart. You can refer to @jeffland 's answer for your use case: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/337329/is-it-possible-to-show-a-custom-tooltip-whenever-a.html

jperezh
Explorer

@niketnilay thanks for the answer, I will try that. I've been asked to remove the count% and add some short label or description and the posibility to add custom information in the tooltip so that's why I asked that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...