Dashboards & Visualizations

how to change height of panels in dashboard to display four rows of charts?

zeespl
Explorer

How to change height of panels in dashboard to display four rows of charts in simple xml?

I have tried <option name="height">200px </option> , but it is not working.

What is the default height of panels?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Super Champion

@zeespl, have you tried without using px like below-

<option name="height">200</option>
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@zeespl as @493669 pointed out you do not need px in the height option. So I have converted the same to answer.

Since you plan to run 24 searches in your dashboard hope you are using Post-Processing and Trellis layout. Also with 6 charts per row and height 200 or less implies your charts would be too squished, unless you are using pie charts.

PS: Trellis size can be changed through Trellis Format options or CSS override. Refer to my previous answer: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/562662/using-trellis-with-simple-xml-extension.html

zeespl
Explorer

Yes i tried that without px but it didn't work. What is the default height of panel in px?

I have used saved searches in panels.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Which is the visualization you are using in your Panel. How many panels are there in one row where you need to change the height?

niketn
Legend

@zeespl what are the visualizations in the 4 rows of panels that you have got? Also how many panels per row?

Based on the visualizations min-height might also be applicable so that data renders properly and is visible properly for correct interpretation. So if possible please add more details from the four rows of dashboard that you have. Screenshot and code might be useful. Prior to posting the details please ensure that you mask/anonymize any sensitive information.

zeespl
Explorer

@niketnilay, There are six panels in each row and all are charts.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...