Dashboards & Visualizations

how could I generate a wildcard for a contextual drilldown token in a pie chart?

cphair
Builder

I have a conditional drilldown from a simple XML pie chart that opens a chart in a new panel based on which pie slice I clicked. I've been asked to also make it possible to drill down on all values--basically setting the token to a star. Is there a way to do that from the chart itself? Or do I need to do something hacky like add an input dropdown to my panel that will toggle between a star drilldown and a per-slice drilldown?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

You can definitely set token within selection event of the Pie chart. However, since the value is always going to be , I am not sure as to why you can not have a panel with hard-coded [fieldname]= and only set the $earliest$ and $latest$ tokens from the pie chart, which I believe you are already doing right now.

<selection>
  <set token="allValues">*</set>
</selection>

cphair
Builder

I still want the user to be able to drill down on the value in a clicked section of the pie chart. The problem is that there is no way to click on all sections at once.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

I think above should still solve your problem. The token allValues will be set when you click on Pie Chart.

In your search you can use [YourFieldName]=$allValues$

niketn
Legend

Can you give what field is the pie chart built on and what is the search you want to run when the Pie chart is clicked?

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...