Dashboards & Visualizations

how can I decrease the size of the FlashChart markers?

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is there a charting configuration that will decrease the size of the big square markers that line charts get when you have charting.chart.showMarkers set to True?

I'm developing a chart and there will often be a lot of null values from point to point. I have to leave charting.chart.nullValueMode set to 'gaps', (because in my data it would be very misleading to set it to either 'zero' or to 'connect')

Also there will sometimes be a point that has null values on either side. Due to how Splunk's charting works, unless I set 'charting.chart.showMarkers' to True, such points then end up invisible.

So therefore I have to have showMarkers on. Unfortunately they're quite big and chunky and I want to make them a lot smaller.

Based on the charting reference pages, ie:

http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Developer/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend#valuemark...

and for brush lore, http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Developer/CustomChartingConfig-FontColorBrushPalette...,

it seems like there must be a way to do simple things like this, but it's a little short on examples here.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's just charting.chart.markerSize

so in addition to

<param name="charting.chart.showMarkers">true</param>

(make sure the true is lowercase btw) but then I just put

<param name="charting.chart.markerSize">5</param>

and it'll make the square markers only 5px on a side.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's just charting.chart.markerSize

so in addition to

<param name="charting.chart.showMarkers">true</param>

(make sure the true is lowercase btw) but then I just put

<param name="charting.chart.markerSize">5</param>

and it'll make the square markers only 5px on a side.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...