Dashboards & Visualizations

help on displaying results under timechart

jip31
Motivator

alt texthi
I would like to display the results of a timechart without doing another table search
is it possible please??
thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31,
could you describe better your need?
Anyway, before a timechart you don't need a table command, but only a search to find the results to display using the timechart command.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31,
could you describe better your need?
Anyway, before a timechart you don't need a table command, but only a search to find the results to display using the timechart command.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

hi
instead displaying the values on the axis, I would like to display the values under a table below
like in the screenshot

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31,
if you want to display a timechart as a table and not in graphical mode, you have to choose for your panel a table visualization and not a graphic.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

Yes sure...
But my question concerns both, graph and table

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31,
the best solution is to use two panels with the same search one with the graphic and one with the table.
To avoid to run two searches instead only one you can use a Post Process Search to display in two panels.
You can find infos at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.2/Viz/Savedsearches#Post-process_searches_2 or using the Splunk Dashboard Examples App ( https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/ ).

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...