Dashboards & Visualizations

geostats how to add the country name

azulgrana
Path Finder

Hi there!

I'm playing a bit with the geostats sample from the Splunk Dashboards Example App. The samples produces a map with a breakdown by method (GET / POST) based on the coordinates creates a pie chart on the location.

The sample query looks pretty simple...

| inputlookup geomaps_data.csv
| iplocation device_ip
| geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count(method) by method

2020-09-25_10-36-33.png

I've tried adding the Country name to show up on the tooltip box but I didn't have any luck. My goal is to keep the breakdown for the methods to then color code the charts as well as add the Country name on top of the methods.

Any ideas on how can I accomplish that?

TIA!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Values shown up from field given in by clause. You can show up only two axis. Count and country or count and menthod.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

View solution in original post

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Values shown up from field given in by clause. You can show up only two axis. Count and country or count and menthod.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How about  values(country) on geostats?
r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...