Dashboards & Visualizations

earliest takes null value after Before selection of DateRange in TimePicker

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi,
I am using the Splunk's timepicker Date Range selection with token "timestamp".
alt text

In panel search, this token is used as :

index=xyz sourcetype=abc earliest=$timestamp.earliest$ latest=$timestamp.latest$

When I select before condition, the value passed to earliest is null and because of it no result is shown.

index=xyz sourcetype=abc earliest= latest=1475260200

I kept default earliest as 0 in fieldset, but null issue occurs again if I select some presets and then go back to Before Date Range selection.

One way I was trying to achieve it ,is to assign 0 value to $timestamp.earliest$ if its null. I have used following fieldset, but it didn't worked.

<fieldset submitButton="false">
<input type="time" token="time">
<label>Date Range</label>
<default>
<earliest>0</earliest>
<latest>1475260200</latest>
</default>
<change>
<condition match="$time.earliest$ == ">
<set token="$time.earliest$">0</set>
</condition>
</change>
</input>

Is there any way to do this.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If all else fails, you can bring the timeframe tokens into the search itself and then use subsearches and SPL to ensure that if your token is null, that a value of "0" is used instead. Here is a basic search that shows you what I mean:

index=main [|makeresults
| eval earliest=null(), latest="9999" | fields - _time
| eval earliest=coalesce(earliest, "0")
| format "" "" "" "" "" ""
| rex field=search mode=sed "s/\"//g"]

The important part to notice is is the coalesce command and the fact that you will not be using literal values like "9999" but your tokens like "$time.earliest$".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...