Dashboards & Visualizations

draw treshold line in predict forecastviz

pitmod
Explorer

Hello,

how can I add treshold line in my forecastviz? I've tried as below but it's not visable on the chart. With normal line chart it works fine.

| mysearch

| eval Treshold=90| timechart span=120min latest(Treshold) as Treshold avg(MyPredictedValue) as PredictedValue
| predict "PredictedValue" as prediction algorithm=LLT holdback=12 future_timespan=96 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 | `forecastviz(96, 12, "PredictedValue", 95)`

| filldown Threshold 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

t_shreya
Path Finder

@pitmod I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question and thought that you wanted a vertical threshold line.

I'm not completely sure for the horizontal threshold, but can you try something like this?

| mysearch

| eval Treshold=90| timechart span=120min latest(Treshold) as Treshold avg(MyPredictedValue) as PredictedValue
| predict "PredictedValue" as prediction algorithm=LLT holdback=12 future_timespan=96 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 
| eval _ft=96
| eval _hb=12
| eval _vars=mvappend("PredictedValue","Treshold")
| eval _ci=95

View solution in original post

t_shreya
Path Finder

Hi @pitmod ,

I think this may work. Replace `forecastviz(96, 12, "PredictedValue", 95)` with the following :
| eval _ft=96
| eval _hb=12
| eval _vars="PredictedValue"
| eval _ci=95

I'd replaced the macro with it's definition in the query and it had worked for me.

Added threshold to forecast chartAdded threshold to forecast chart

pitmod
Explorer

@t_shreya Which makro should be edited? On the screenshot you've attached I don't see a horizontal threshold line.

t_shreya
Path Finder

@pitmod I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question and thought that you wanted a vertical threshold line.

I'm not completely sure for the horizontal threshold, but can you try something like this?

| mysearch

| predict "PredictedValue" as prediction algorithm=LLT holdback=12 future_timespan=96 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 
| eval _ft=96
| eval _hb=12
| eval _vars=mvappend("PredictedValue","Treshold")
| eval _ci=95

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...