Dashboards & Visualizations

draw treshold line in predict forecastviz

pitmod
Explorer

Hello,

how can I add treshold line in my forecastviz? I've tried as below but it's not visable on the chart. With normal line chart it works fine.

| mysearch

| eval Treshold=90| timechart span=120min latest(Treshold) as Treshold avg(MyPredictedValue) as PredictedValue
| predict "PredictedValue" as prediction algorithm=LLT holdback=12 future_timespan=96 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 | `forecastviz(96, 12, "PredictedValue", 95)`

| filldown Threshold 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

t_shreya
Path Finder

@pitmod I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question and thought that you wanted a vertical threshold line.

I'm not completely sure for the horizontal threshold, but can you try something like this?

| mysearch

| eval Treshold=90| timechart span=120min latest(Treshold) as Treshold avg(MyPredictedValue) as PredictedValue
| predict "PredictedValue" as prediction algorithm=LLT holdback=12 future_timespan=96 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 
| eval _ft=96
| eval _hb=12
| eval _vars=mvappend("PredictedValue","Treshold")
| eval _ci=95

View solution in original post

t_shreya
Path Finder

Hi @pitmod ,

I think this may work. Replace `forecastviz(96, 12, "PredictedValue", 95)` with the following :
| eval _ft=96
| eval _hb=12
| eval _vars="PredictedValue"
| eval _ci=95

I'd replaced the macro with it's definition in the query and it had worked for me.

Added threshold to forecast chartAdded threshold to forecast chart

pitmod
Explorer

@t_shreya Which makro should be edited? On the screenshot you've attached I don't see a horizontal threshold line.

t_shreya
Path Finder

@pitmod I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question and thought that you wanted a vertical threshold line.

I'm not completely sure for the horizontal threshold, but can you try something like this?

| mysearch

| predict "PredictedValue" as prediction algorithm=LLT holdback=12 future_timespan=96 upper95=upper95 lower95=lower95 
| eval _ft=96
| eval _hb=12
| eval _vars=mvappend("PredictedValue","Treshold")
| eval _ci=95

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...