Dashboards & Visualizations

define a token when input field is empty

praphulla1
Path Finder

I am using multi select drop-down input field (multiField1) where i have ALL as static option and i use * as value to search for all the possible values of a particular field.

When user tries to add an option to drop-down, he has to manually remove the ALL which is not good user experience.

We would like to set another token selField=* when multiField1 is empty. Can you help me with the condition to set the token - selField ?

0 Karma
1 Solution

praphulla1
Path Finder

i have used the 2nd answer in the above solution and it worked for me.

0 Karma

praphulla1
Path Finder

Thanks Ravi.

i have found that result and its using a javascript based solution. i was more inclined towards implementing this without using javascript.

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

please check the second solution.

0 Karma

praphulla1
Path Finder

Thanks vivek.

I just looked at the accepted answer and overlooked other options. Thanks Ravi.

0 Karma

praphulla1
Path Finder

Can you update your comments to refer to the 2nd answer in the forum so that we can mark your comment as answer to help others

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

i had updated

0 Karma

praphulla1
Path Finder

I am not inclined towards using javascript todo this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...