Dashboards & Visualizations

dashboards vs. forms

wsw70
Communicator

Hello,

I have a functioning dashboard which shows me various activities over a predefined time span.
This is not optimal as I have a chart for "activity over the last 3 days", "activity over the last week", etc. It would be much better to have for instance radio buttons above the chart which would set the time range.

I saw in the documentation that forms can do that. It looks to me, though, that they are separate from dashboards.

My question would then be: is it possible to modify a static dashboard to integrate to some panels dynamic, user settable data (like the radio buttons with the time range).

How would the <form>...</form> data fit in that?

I tried to integrate a <form> in the example below but I fail to get a chart (there are several panels in the actual dashboard so I am not sure how to nest <form>, <chart> and <row>)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<dashboard>
  <label>Virus</label>
  <row>
    <chart>
      <searchString>eventtype="EVENT_OSCE_Virus" | dedup Virus, destination | timechart count by Virus</searchString>
      <title>Virus last 7 days</title>
      <earliestTime>-7d</earliestTime>
      <latestTime>now</latestTime>
      <option name="charting.chart">column</option>
      <option name="charting.chart.stackMode">stacked</option>
      <option name="drilldown">all</option>
    </chart>
  </row>
</dashboard>
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

imrago
Contributor

I would like to suggest the usage of http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/36405/sideview-utils app. It would help you to easily create dynamic elements and it has great tutorials.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

imrago
Contributor

I would like to suggest the usage of http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/36405/sideview-utils app. It would help you to easily create dynamic elements and it has great tutorials.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...