Dashboards & Visualizations

clone dashboard from the command line

yogb

Hi

How can I create a new dashboard from the command line?
I copy one of the dashboard xml files from /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin/search/local/data/ui/views/ modified the xml and put it back to /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin/search/local/data/ui/views/, I thought that a new dashboard will be created at the web UI but no Dashboard appear.

The same behiver is occuring when I am trying to modify the xml files manually from the command line, it seems that the changes are taking effect only when I modify the dashboard search from the splunk web UI.

I am using version 6.1.

Are they any other files that I should modify besides the xml under /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin/search/local/data/ui/views/

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Karma

laserval
Communicator

The dashboards need to be reloaded. See http://answers.splunk.com/answers/116719/app-development-live-reload

You should be able to do it by just clicking your app's name in the loader screen or in the top bar when you are in the app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...