Dashboards & Visualizations

changing chart title font size

theertpr
Explorer

Hi,

I wanted to change the font size of the chart title. I was able to change the chart properties by the functions below, but unable to change the title font size.

_sans
0x000000
0xD6D6D6

Tried using
but no luck,
any help please?

Tags (3)

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

charting.chartTitle is the key that you use to set the text value of the chart title, and since the key actually predates the Flash charting system, it's not the flash player drawing that little title at all, but rather the Javascript and HTML of the FlashChart module.

The good news is that you can control it with a little custom CSS. The class is "chartTitle", and you can see it sitting out there for yourself if you use a DOM inspector like Firefox's Firebug plugin.

So you can add this to your application.css file, or create a custom.css file to hold it.

.FlashChart .chartTitle {
    font-size:15px;
}

BONUS: If you are used to the advanced XML and you happen to already be using Sideview Utils, then you can have much more direct control over all this. Specifically, you can also render your own text into a header without too much trouble. And if you want to define an on the fly convention like charting.chartTitle.fontSize, you can. See example below:

<module name="HTML">
  <param name="html"><![CDATA[
    <h2 style="font-size:$charting.chartTitle.fontSize$;">
      $charting.chartTitle$
    </h2>
  ]]></param>
</module>
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...