Dashboards & Visualizations

change the color of a single value panel based on time

sravani27
Path Finder

Hi guys, I am trying to change the color of a single value panel based on the timestamp.
Eg: if the count is > 5 from 12 am - 8 am - the panel should be green, and if the count is > 5 from 8 am - 6 pm - the panel should be red.
I am trying to dynamically change the colors based on the timerange
Please help.

Tags (1)

niketn
Legend

@sravani27 please add more details to your use case. What happens for 6:00 PM to midnight? Also what is count is <5 what happens during all the timings?

What is the query to fetch count? Could you please add some sample data and SPL? Please mock/anonymize any sensitive information. I your count some kind of count for current hour and based on hour of the day you want to color the count?

In order for the community to assist you better please provide further details as requested. This seems to be a use case for Simple XML JS extension where you would color based on current hour and count returned by the query. Please confirm!

Goldbeed
Engager

I couldent figure out a way to edit the colors in the search but you can in the dashboards. I don't think you can in search.

Search:
| sort - time | eval VioletTimes>1.5sec = if (time>1.5,time ,0) | eval RedTimes>1sec = if(time <=1.5 AND time >1,time ,0) | eval OrangeTimes>750ms = if(time <=1 AND time >0.75,time ,0) | eval .YellowTimes>500ms = if(time <=0.75 AND time >0.5,time ,0) | eval .NormalTimes<500ms = if(time <=0.5, time , 0) | fields - time

XML edit on dashboard
{"VioletTimes>1.5sec":0x8B2252, "RedTimes>1sec":0xFF0000, "OrangeTimes>750ms":0xFFA500, ".YellowTimes>500ms":0xFFFF00, ".NormalTimes<500ms":0x73A550}

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...