Dashboards & Visualizations

can advanced xml be edited in splunk web

tsmithsplunk
Path Finder

(splunk 4.2) A true newbie question. If I am using advanced xml to build a dashboard, can it be edited in the UI? Or must I upload files to the splunk server?

Assuming I have to push a view file, will changes be recognized immediately, or is there a view reload cmd that has to be invoked?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can go to Manager > User interface > Views to create/view advanced XML views. Once the page is refreshed in Splunk you should be able to see your changes. There is also an open action from the Views page so you can make a change and look at your page to test it.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can go to Manager > User interface > Views to create/view advanced XML views. Once the page is refreshed in Splunk you should be able to see your changes. There is also an open action from the Views page so you can make a change and look at your page to test it.

0 Karma

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Correct, you can paste in your advanced XML and then you'll have to edit it from Manager only and not in the Dashboard UI.

0 Karma

tsmithsplunk
Path Finder

The xml I see in Manager > User interface > Views is simplified xml. Splunk will recognize the advanced version if I replace the simplified xml? And from then on I no longer have the option to do GUI editing of the dashboard. Thanks.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

the thing is that once the view is not in simple xml, or is using a form, then you cannot edit the xml from the button in the view, and have to go through the manager.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...