Dashboards & Visualizations

bubble chart not working anymore after upgrade to splunk 5

jan_wohlers
Path Finder

Dear splunkers,

We created a dashboard using bubble charts. With splunk 4.3.3 everything works fine. After upgrading to splunk 5 the bubbles are displayed as thre dots ... and after some time they are disapearing. The search is giving back a status from other searches so it changes from green over yellow to red. Every other chart is working correctly.

I just realized that if I mark the part of the dahboard where the bubbles should be I can see the description (text in the bubble). It seems that the whole bubble is in white colour...

Did anything change in Splunk 5 with the bubble chart.

I hope a splunk admin is available 😉 but help from others is also welcome 😉

Best Regards

Jan

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jan_wohlers
Path Finder

Hey simon, sorry for the delay in answering. Did get a mail 🙂

here is a part of the dashboard with a bubble chart (the whole xml-file would be way to much 🙂 )

I hope it will be shown correctly.

edit

I just tested it and it will not work... XML syntax is not shown correctly here... 😞 Even the Code Sample button will not work...

comb_search_sdeurvf7137

Data Center Hamburg

| head 1 | rangemap field=maxstate low=0-0 elevated=1-1 severe=2-2 default=low | eval text=""

field

afterLabel

classField

True

text

<a href="detailed_view_sdeurvf7137" target="_blank" class="vattenfall-singlevalue">sdeurvf7137</a>

range

0 Karma

jan_wohlers
Path Finder

A bubble chart is a single value module?! 🙂

I always thought this 🙂 I hope I am not wrong. But as far as I can see the xml text is not shown 100% correctly.

0 Karma

Simon_Fishel
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you sure that's the right XML? It appears to be a Single Value module, not a bubble chart.

Simon_Fishel
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Jan,

Would it be possible for you to attach the dashboard XML that you're using? That will help a lot in tracking down the problem.

Thanks,

Simon

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...