Dashboards & Visualizations

app list dropdown

dipanjan80
Explorer

Hi,
I am trying to add the app list dropdown on my custom page.
Can you please suggest some ways.

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use following search with REST command to list all the apps present in the current splunk instance(where the dashboard is created).

| REST /services/apps/local splunk_server=local | table label

Include this search in your dashboard.

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use following search with REST command to list all the apps present in the current splunk instance(where the dashboard is created).

| REST /services/apps/local splunk_server=local | table label

Include this search in your dashboard.

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For getting list of apps to which the current user has permission, you can use following:

| REST /services/apps/local splunk_server=local |search [ | rest /services/authentication/current-context | table username | rename username as eai:acl.perms.write] | table label

Any app where write permission is given to Everyone will not listed here. The reason for this is for Everyone, splunk uses "*" which can be escaped in a search string. To get list of apps to which the current user has explicit write permission, use above. For explicit read, changed eai:acl.perms.write to eai:acl.perms.read.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...