Dashboards & Visualizations

addcoltotals floats the label column to the right

rijhwani
Explorer

Search:

index=_internal source=*license_usage.log | eval ISODate=strftime(strptime(date_year."-".date_month."-".date_mday, "%Y-%b-%d"), "%Y-%m-%d (%a)") | eval MB=b/1024/1024 | chart eval(round(sum(MB),0)) over i by ISODate limit=0 | addcoltotals labelfield=i

I'm not sure the ISODate evaluation is the best way to achieve my end, but that is not the issue here. The problem is that when I use this chart, the column with the indexer UIDs is floated to the rightmost position in the table (presumably due to the fact that a simple alphanumeric string sort puts the dates before the letter "i"). What I need is to anchor the indexer column to the left regardless.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

rijhwani
Explorer

OK, so it only floats right during the real time aggregation. On completion it floats back left.

Odd behaviour, and not documented anywhere I could find.

View solution in original post

rijhwani
Explorer

OK, so it only floats right during the real time aggregation. On completion it floats back left.

Odd behaviour, and not documented anywhere I could find.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...