Dashboards & Visualizations

add drop downs to form search in advanced xml

klee310
Communicator

From the documentation here I can see that drop-downs are pretty easy to accomplish using basic dashboards. But I want to accomplish the same affect in an advanced xml dashboard. I have already done a search on this topic and found nothing quite what I'm looking for. Please help.

Here is a reference to the other topic I'm referring to.

And to answer the inquiry from the other topic - the reason I am trying to use advanced XML instead of simple XML dashboard is because I am trying to put 2 eventviewers on the same dashboard, driven by one search (click)

many thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Wushu
Explorer

It would vary depending on whether you want a static or dynamic (you input a search) drop down list.

Heres a snippet of code for a static one.

<module name="StaticSelect">
                                <param name="settingToCreate">savedsearch</param>
                                <param name="staticFieldsToDisplay">
                                            <list>
                                                       <param name="value">Computing Report</param>
                                                       <param name="label">Reports</param>

</list>

</param>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Wushu
Explorer

It would vary depending on whether you want a static or dynamic (you input a search) drop down list.

Heres a snippet of code for a static one.

<module name="StaticSelect">
                                <param name="settingToCreate">savedsearch</param>
                                <param name="staticFieldsToDisplay">
                                            <list>
                                                       <param name="value">Computing Report</param>
                                                       <param name="label">Reports</param>

</list>

</param>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...