Dashboards & Visualizations

a pipeline added to the subsearch when creating a dashboard with drilldown and base searches

FAnalyst

I need help about this subsearch using pivot command 

Base search : | pivot  Traffic  All_Traffic FILTER  zone is "$form.srcZone$"

sub search: count(src_zone) AS src_zone_count SPLITROW zone AS zone TOP 100 count(zone) ROWSUMMARY 0 COLSUMMARY 0 SHOWOTHER 1 

the problem is that there is a pipeline added by splunk before the subsearch I wnat the subsearch to be  exectuted without the pipline 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By subsearch, do you mean a chained search e.g. a search in a panel that has a base defined referencing a base search defined elsewhere in the dashboard?

If so, there is no way to remove the pipe from the generated query. However, given that pivot is just a wrapper for stats and xyseries, can you not just refactor your search to deal with the table produced by the pivot command by using stats command and similar?

0 Karma

FAnalyst

hello thank you for answering 

here is the panel search when it gets excused when  I delete the pipeline added by splunk and run the search again the issue  will be resolved  

| pivot Traffic All_Traffic FILTER zone is "User  Zone" | count(zone) AS zone_count SPLITROW zone AS zone TOP 100 count(zone) ROWSUMMARY 0 COLSUMMARY 0 SHOWOTHER 1

I am taking this approach because I want to build a dashboard from a datamodel and I want it to be dynamic so the user can choose from the dirlldown the zone that the dashboard base search will take the user input and pass it to the panels searches that would give results for the zone chosen by the user 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...