Dashboards & Visualizations

XML dashboard - modify a token using replace and regex

BernardEAI
Communicator

Hi

I'm trying to repeat the example for replace in the Splunk documentation, within a dashboard: (https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.1.2009/SearchReference/TextFunctions)

I'm running this in a dashboard, triggered by a drilldown:

<drilldown>
 <eval token="p1_ttr_left">replace("1/14/2017", "^(\d{1,2})/(\d{1,2})/", "\2/\1/")</eval>
</drilldown>

It doesn't seem to work, nothing happens to the token (I'm writing it to the dashboard output).

Labels (1)
0 Karma

BernardEAI
Communicator

Thanks @richgalloway . This didn't work, still not replacing the token. In fact, the token remains as 

$p1_ttr_left$ in the dashboard.

If I run the following as a test, it seems to work and it performs the replace on the string and returns the token.

<eval token="p1_ttr_left">replace("www,aaa","^(.+?),","")</eval>

It looks to me like some forms of regex is accepted, but other (specifically if it includes a \..?) doesn't work.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The slashes need to be escaped.  Try

<eval token="p1_ttr_left">replace("1/14/2017", "^(\d{1,2})\/(\d{1,2})\/", "\2/\1/")</eval>
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...