Dashboards & Visualizations

Wildcard text in a sum(eval(if script

crmarley20
Explorer

Hi, 

I need to sum the values of durations found in the Duration_of_Errors column of each error that occur in a user in a certain work shift of the day. I am using the stats command.

It happens that the names of my errors start like this:
Technical/broken screen
Technical/keyboard crashed
Organizational/absence of personnel
Organizational/change of office
Quality/Audit
Quality/server migration

I want to sum the duration of each group of errors per shift and user I have used this but I can't get it to sum, what am I doing wrong?

| stats sum(eval(if(Error_Text="Technical*"))) as sum_technical_duration_errors by shift user 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try saving the duration from each event in either technicalDuration, organisationalDuration and qualityDuration depending on the type of error in the event. Then use stats to sum these separate durations.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...