Dashboards & Visualizations

Wierd JavaScript differences between instances (Dashboard with LeafLet Map)

hbrandt84
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm currently stumped with with wierd JavaScript problems while migrating a Dashboard with a Leaflet Map from a physical 7.0.1 machine instance to a virtual 7.1.1 one (running on Axure).

I've reduced the Problem to this code:

alt text

the script is run successfully on the 7.0.1 instance, but the 7.1.1 has problems.
Namely this part:

alt text

with following message:
"leaflet.js:6 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_leaflet' of null"

But as I see it, its the most barebone way to initialize a new map object.
Plus, the line "console.log(L);" indicates in the js console that L is included and i can browse all functions, even "map:ƒ (e,t)"...

so, I am absolutely clueless what could cause such a different behaviour.
Perhaps a permission issue or something?

Any insight is would be highly appriciated...

thanks,
Henning

p.s.
sorry 'bout the images.
But the tags didn't seem to work for me...

0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check out this problem I had some time ago here, maybe it helps if you require leaflet separately (it also had to do with changing versions back then).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check out this problem I had some time ago here, maybe it helps if you require leaflet separately (it also had to do with changing versions back then).

0 Karma

hbrandt84
Path Finder

thx, worked for me

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...