Dashboards & Visualizations

Wierd JavaScript differences between instances (Dashboard with LeafLet Map)

hbrandt84
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm currently stumped with with wierd JavaScript problems while migrating a Dashboard with a Leaflet Map from a physical 7.0.1 machine instance to a virtual 7.1.1 one (running on Axure).

I've reduced the Problem to this code:

alt text

the script is run successfully on the 7.0.1 instance, but the 7.1.1 has problems.
Namely this part:

alt text

with following message:
"leaflet.js:6 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_leaflet' of null"

But as I see it, its the most barebone way to initialize a new map object.
Plus, the line "console.log(L);" indicates in the js console that L is included and i can browse all functions, even "map:ƒ (e,t)"...

so, I am absolutely clueless what could cause such a different behaviour.
Perhaps a permission issue or something?

Any insight is would be highly appriciated...

thanks,
Henning

p.s.
sorry 'bout the images.
But the tags didn't seem to work for me...

0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check out this problem I had some time ago here, maybe it helps if you require leaflet separately (it also had to do with changing versions back then).

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check out this problem I had some time ago here, maybe it helps if you require leaflet separately (it also had to do with changing versions back then).

0 Karma

hbrandt84
Path Finder

thx, worked for me

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...