Dashboards & Visualizations

Why won't Tenable Add-On for Splunk load?

squirrelce
Engager

I recently installed the Tenable Add-On for Splunk, but whenever I try to access the add on, I am faced with a hanging loading screen. Do I need to change file (input etc.) settings somewhere? 

When I install the Tenable App for Splunk, it loads perfectly fine, but I need the Tenable Add-On for Splunk to work in order to use the Tenable App for Splunk. Any help or advice would be truly appreciated! Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@squirrelce - There could be multiple reasons why the Add-on UI is not loading.

• Incorrectly configured Add-on from the backend.
  • Missing config or spec file.
    • Generally happens on classic Splunk Cloud instance as it removes the inputs.conf.spec file.

To find the exact reason look for logs in

index=_internal "error" "tenable"

I hope this helps!! Karma/upvote would be appreciated!!!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

squirrelce
Engager

Thank you for your swift response! I checked the logs and it seems I have a network issue that needs to be resolved for now.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@squirrelce - Glad to hear that you are able to pinpoint the issue.

Please consider accepting the answer by clicking on "Accept as Solution" on the helpful answer, so other users can get help from it in the future.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@squirrelce - There could be multiple reasons why the Add-on UI is not loading.

• Incorrectly configured Add-on from the backend.
  • Missing config or spec file.
    • Generally happens on classic Splunk Cloud instance as it removes the inputs.conf.spec file.

To find the exact reason look for logs in

index=_internal "error" "tenable"

I hope this helps!! Karma/upvote would be appreciated!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...