Dashboards & Visualizations

Why is saved search not found for dashboard panel?

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi,

In a dashboard i have added a panel and used Report instead of an inline search to populate data. But it keeps complaining that it could not find the saved search. When i actually verify manually it is there. do you know what could be the reason for this?

0 Karma

Sarmbrister
Path Finder

Have you checked the xml? I am currently having this same issue and saw that the xml is missing. I have no idea how it got deleted but without that I don't think the search will be able to run. Hope this helps.
your search query

0 Karma

ElijahLynn
Explorer

In my case it was the use of / in the report name as in Origin hits/day (-7days). This is a bug in Splunk. If you don't have a / look for another character that could be throwing it off for just panel usage.

aferone
Builder

This is my exact issue. Good catch. Thank you!

0 Karma

usd0872
Path Finder

Thanks for finding this out.
Ran into the same problem and probably would not have figured it out myself.

Interesting variation I had on this: it worked fine when accessing splunk with a short hostname (eg: splunk:8000) and I only got the error when using a fully qualified domain name (eg: splunk.my.domain.org:8000).

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

Have you checked the permissions of that saved search.

aelliott
Motivator
0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

yes it is public

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...