Dashboards & Visualizations

Why is drilldown opening blank page in chrome?

Mike6960
Path Finder

I configured a drilldown through the GUI. The search is something like this:

index=* "message.Origin"=TEST 
source="/opt/mulesoft/logs/something.log" 
OR source="/opt/mulesoft/logs/somethingelse.log" 
OR source="D:\\Log\\anything.json" 
| stats  values(a.b) AS ab ,values(c.d) as cd count(eval('logger' ="nl.logger,answers")) as "Start ",count(eval(logger ="n.questions. HTTP status: 200.")) as "questions" by message.MessageId,
| where ‘questions’ <1

when i click the panel to drilldown chrome opens a blank page and nothing else happens. When I look in the source I see this:

<drilldown>
          <link target="_blank">search?q=index=*%20%22message.Origin%22=TEST%20source=%22/opt/mulesoft/logs/ something.log %22%20OR%20source=%22/opt/mulesoft/logs/ somethingelse.log %22%20OR%20source=%22D:%5C%5CLog%5C%5Canything.json %22%20%0A%7C%20stats%20%20values(a.b)%20AS%ab%20,values(c.d)%20as%20cd%20count(eval('logger'%20=%22 nl.logger,answers........... ( etc etc etc)

I anomised the search due to security reasons, in IE the drilldown works just fine, also other drilldowns work in Chrome. I dont understand what is going wrong

Tags (1)
0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator
0 Karma

Mike6960
Path Finder

Thanks, but I dont see how to encode something

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

try:

where ‘questions’  %3C  1
0 Karma

Mike6960
Path Finder

I fixed it by replacing '| where ‘questions’ <1' with '| where ‘questions’ =0'
Dont know why it didnt'work but now it does

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hi Mike, press F12 to open chrome debugger panel and then F5 to reload the the tab, then check "console" and "network" tabs in the debugger panel - do you see any warnings or errors?

0 Karma

Mike6960
Path Finder

Hi @PavelP ,

In console I get this when I open the dashoboard, in the tab which opens by the drilldown I dont get anything

common.js:1103 [Deprecation] document.registerElement is deprecated and will be removed in M80, around February 2020. Please use window.customElements.define instead. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/4642138092470272 and https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2019/07/web-components-time-to-upgrade for more details.

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

which splunk and chrome version do you have?

0 Karma

Mike6960
Path Finder

@PavelP I fixed it by replacing '| where ‘questions’ <1' with '| where ‘questions’ =0'
Dont know why it didnt'work but now it does

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...