Dashboards & Visualizations

Why is Firebug reporting "Component returned failure code..."?

Johnvey
Contributor

I'm running Firefox, and on certain dashboards, I'm getting the following error in the Javascript console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x805e000a [nsIXMLHttpRequest.open]"  
nsresult: "0x805e000a (<unknown>)"  
location: "JS frame :: http://mrt:8200/en-US/static/@79191/js/contrib/jquery-1.3.2.js :: anonymous :: line 3517"  
data: no]

The dashboard doesn't seem to finish, and the green "Loading..." box in the upper right hand corner of the screen doesn't go away.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Johnvey
Contributor

One common problem is if AdBlock is installed in your browser. AdBlock interferes with the XmlHTTPRequest object and is known to break the Splunk interface. The first step is to disable AdBlock for your Splunk hostname or globally in Firefox.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Johnvey
Contributor

One common problem is if AdBlock is installed in your browser. AdBlock interferes with the XmlHTTPRequest object and is known to break the Splunk interface. The first step is to disable AdBlock for your Splunk hostname or globally in Firefox.

0 Karma

Johnvey
Contributor

Nothing more with respect to AdBlock. It depends on what kind of AdBlock, and whether or not the URIs used by dashboards (which include saved search names) trigger a blocking filter.

0 Karma

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Really, is there more to this? I have run adblock since forever. Are there particular symptoms to look for?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...