Dashboards & Visualizations

Why does my dashboard crash my browser?

Splunker7
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Using Splunk 8.2.2.2,
My dashboard is loaded with a bunch of big queries,
But it makes my browsers (tested a few, such as, Chrome and Opera) crash whenever I want to browse through it.
Not only my dashboard tab, but also any other taps open with Splunk.
Is there any solution on this?

Splunker7_0-1680081201845.png

Best regards
Benjamin

Labels (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sometimes it's hard to pinpoint the culprit. But what I would start with is try to open your Splunk webui and this dashboard in particular with a completely clean browser profile, with no additional plugins, extensions and so on - just a clean browser installation. This way you'll be able to tell whether it's some extension fiddling with your webpage or is it just that the content crashes the browser.

0 Karma

srauhala_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is there any clue on what crashes the page? 

I had problems with browsers struggling when 1000+ or more items are used in dropdowns. Easiest and most sensible way to solve it is to use a free text field to filter in these type of tokens. 

/Seb 

0 Karma

Splunker7
Loves-to-Learn Lots

hi @srauhala_splunk 

I don't really have a clue what crashes the page.
I also cannot force the page to crash, it just happens once in a while.

BR

Benjamin

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...