Dashboards & Visualizations

Why did my dashboards disappear after upgrading to Search Head Clustering?

Jason
Motivator

After I moved all my apps to my new Search Head Cluster per the documents, I am getting the following when going to my app:

"Splunk cannot find the view 'homepage' "

However, the app was copied directly from a working search head, the XML is there, the permissions are correct. None of the views can be seen in either the web UI or via the manager. What is going wrong?

1 Solution

Jason
Motivator

Ensure that your app folder names do not contain any special characters - including periods. Letters, numbers, and underscore have been tested to work.

View solution in original post

Jason
Motivator

Ensure that your app folder names do not contain any special characters - including periods. Letters, numbers, and underscore have been tested to work.

meenal901
Communicator

Thanks for this solution. I spent a lot of time wondering what went wrong.
Any ideas if this will be fixed in near future?

0 Karma

ewoo
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I've opened a JIRA to cover this issue: SPL-92694. Looks like a regression in Dash, unrelated to search head clustering.

0 Karma

Jason
Motivator

No, pre-6.2/SHC the app was working fine with a period (.) in its foldername. We had to change the period to underscore to get SHC to accept it. (It wasn't tested on 6.2 non-SHC.)

0 Karma

mahamed_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did your app folder name contain any special characters before the move or you added the special character as part of the move?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...