Dashboards & Visualizations

Why ampersand does not render in the navigation menu?

splunkmasterfle
Path Finder

Has this happened to you where you enter the & amp; in the navigation menu and it does not become an ampersand?? Why is it doing this ??

I have a navigation that contains "Searches & amp; Reports"

(I know there is not usually a space between the ampersand and amp; but I am writing it like this so it doesn't become an ampersand in this statement)

I tried it in Chrome and Firefox

Tags (2)

strive
Influencer

Can you post your XML snippet here, for us to have a look at it

0 Karma

kasu_praveen
Communicator

@strive It didn't work for me. If I get proper solution, I will post here. I reverted negative vote though.

0 Karma

strive
Influencer

@kasu_praveen, I have used it and it has worked. Thats the reason i posted the answer. I do not know what made you to down vote it. anyways, when you find a better solution post it here so that it will be helpful to others.

0 Karma

kasu_praveen
Communicator

@splunkmasterflex , Did you get any answer for this? I am facing same issue

0 Karma

strive
Influencer

If you use anchor tags then you can directly use & symbol like this

<a href="/app/your_app/dashboard_name" > Dashboards & Dashboards</a>

Dashboards & Dashboards

if you use <view> in default.xml like <view name="dashboard_name" /> then

in your dashboard_name.xml for label tag use this <label> Dashboards &amp; Dashboards </label>

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What version of splunk? can you share your default.xml values?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...