Dashboards & Visualizations

Why am I unable to create a trellis bell curve for my search query?

Lynyrd
Explorer

I am not getting any bell curve for each one of my stepnames, why?

sourcetype=mfgtestengsoftware  | search "Result Logged" "Results{}.Pass"=true "CCS" "B1611" |  spath Results{}.Actual | rename Results{}.Actual AS Actual | eval Actual = Round(Actual) | transaction StepName |  bin Actual span=0.5 |  chart count by StepName
0 Karma

Lynyrd
Explorer

I have several hundred bell curves I need to plot in trellis, but can't seem to. I can plot ONE if I call out an explicit Test name as shown in the picture.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

@Lynyrd -

Did this ever get resolved?

I'm actually not certain what you mean by "bell curve plot". Data either makes a bell curve or it doesn't. If you mean you want to overlay a bell curve onto a histogram, then that would be something that can be done.

0 Karma

Lynyrd
Explorer

alt text

0 Karma

Lynyrd
Explorer

tried this too, still no bell curve plots in trellis,

sourcetype=mfgtestengsoftware  | search "Result Logged" "Results{}.Pass"=true "CCS" "B1611" |  spath Results{}.Actual | rename Results{}.Actual AS Actual | eval Actual = Round(Actual) | transaction StepName | bin Actual span=0.75 | chart values(Actual) by StepName
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You're using single value visualization?

Give this a try as well.

sourcetype=mfgtestengsoftware  | search "Result Logged" "Results{}.Pass"=true "CCS" "B1611" |  spath Results{}.Actual | rename Results{}.Actual AS Actual | eval Actual = Round(Actual) | transaction StepName | bin Actual span=0.75 | timechart count(Actual) by StepName
0 Karma

Lynyrd
Explorer

I tried that and it gave me no bell curves, it gives me names of months of the x axis.

0 Karma

Lynyrd
Explorer

I tried this and the statisitcs looks better but there is no bell curve plot in trellis.

sourcetype=mfgtestengsoftware  | search "Result Logged" "Results{}.Pass"=true "CCS" "B1611" |  spath Results{}.Actual | rename Results{}.Actual AS Actual | eval Actual = Round(Actual) | transaction StepName | bin Actual span=0.75 | chart count(Actual) by StepName
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...