Dashboards & Visualizations

Why am I getting dashboard error "The lookup table 'GroupType' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'WinEventLog:Security'"?

andrefriedmann

Hi

I have a saved dashboard for a certain user, they get this error icon:

[SERVER_NAME] The lookup table 'GroupType' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'WinEventLog:Security'.

However, data still seems to be coming through for most of the panels. Also when logged in as admin, and look at the same dashboard, I don't see these errors at all? Which makes me think it's a permissions thing. I have been through Lookup table files, Lookup definitions, Automatic lookups and anything which mentions GroupType I have made sure the users group has at least read access.

any ideas?

Thanks

0 Karma

ChrisBell04
Communicator

you ever get this figured out? Just ran into the same thing today with a limited user account.

edit:
nevermind, figured mine out. A legacy custom app WAS referencing a GroupType lookup file in transforms that no longer existed. Removed, restarted, and fixed!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...