Dashboards & Visualizations

When a user clicks on a location on map, how do I make it redirect to a dashboard?

simona2121
Path Finder

I have a map, on which i have tagged IP's according to location. now, on click of a particular location on the map, i need it to redirect to another dashboard. pls help. thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

You can code the drilldown event of the map chart visualization in Simple XML. You can set the link to your second dashboard using link attribute.

Following is a snippet from Dynamic Drilldown Examples provided in Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples App. Please refer to the app for details.

<drilldown>
      <link>/app/<Your App Name>/<Your Drill Down Dashboard Name>?form.<Your_DrillDown_Dashboard_Token_Name_To_Be_Set_From_Map_Clicked_Value>=$click.value$</link>
    </drilldown>

Refer to the following link to get the tokens available from the Map chart (you can use multiple to be passed on the the new dashboard as query string/s provided your drill down dashboard accepts the tokens and ideally should work with some default values like * for all etc): http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#map_.28event_t...

PS: I have used click.value to pass on selected value from the map to the new dashboard.

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

You can code the drilldown event of the map chart visualization in Simple XML. You can set the link to your second dashboard using link attribute.

Following is a snippet from Dynamic Drilldown Examples provided in Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples App. Please refer to the app for details.

<drilldown>
      <link>/app/<Your App Name>/<Your Drill Down Dashboard Name>?form.<Your_DrillDown_Dashboard_Token_Name_To_Be_Set_From_Map_Clicked_Value>=$click.value$</link>
    </drilldown>

Refer to the following link to get the tokens available from the Map chart (you can use multiple to be passed on the the new dashboard as query string/s provided your drill down dashboard accepts the tokens and ideally should work with some default values like * for all etc): http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#map_.28event_t...

PS: I have used click.value to pass on selected value from the map to the new dashboard.

sundareshr
Legend

Please share your dashboard.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...