Dashboards & Visualizations

What is the definition of this DensityFunction macro so I can create it or do I need to download this macro?

POR160893
Builder

Hi,

I am creating a dashboard where I need to use the density function to show anomalies as follows:
| tstats count as total where index=dns by _time span=1h
| fit DensityFunction total dist=norm show_density=true
| bin total bins=100
| stats count avg("ProbabilityDensity(total)") as pd by total

However, when using the ProbabilityDensity function within the machine learning app in Splunk, no results are outputted.

In addition, I see no Probability Density macros "out-of-the-box" within the Machine Learning app either.

What is the definition of this DensityFunction macro so I can create it or do I need to download this macro?

Many thanks,

Labels (5)
0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

Hi,

Is Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit correctly installed? $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/Splunk_ML_Toolkit/bin/algos/DensityFunction.py should be present.

Are you receiving any errors or warnings after the fit command?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...