Dashboards & Visualizations

What is an effective way of outputting the results of a search and use them in the higher level dashboards?

macadminrohit
Contributor

Hi,

I am looking for expert advice on what is the best way to output the aggregated results of multiple searches and use those aggregations in the Top level dashboards.

We have L0 and L1 dashboards, L0 is only supposed to tell the status of the metrics calculated from the other searches, but the L0 searches will not do those calculations, it will only show the results.
What is the effective approach to do this?

0 Karma
1 Solution

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1) Develop your searches as saved searches.
2) Have your dashboards call the results from the saved searches, and the top level dash can aggregate the results further.
3) If you need further drilldown capability, then take the clicked-on values and pass them to more specific searches for the drilldown.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

1) Develop your searches as saved searches.
2) Have your dashboards call the results from the saved searches, and the top level dash can aggregate the results further.
3) If you need further drilldown capability, then take the clicked-on values and pass them to more specific searches for the drilldown.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...