Dashboards & Visualizations

Visualization in chart- How to make first new and then closed?

Vish
Explorer

I have created a bar chart with y axis of status count which are new and closed but its displaying like first closed bar block then new bar block. But now i have it to be first new and then closed. How to do it?

Vish_0-1679310558387.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Columns are displayed in the order they appear in the table - these are normally sorted alphabetically / lexicographically. You should rename your your series so that they are in the order you want them, generate the chart statistics, then rename them back to the names you want.

0 Karma

Vish
Explorer

but how can u explain clearly ?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Given that you haven't shared your events or your current SPL, I have made some results up to demonstrate what I mean. You can study the technique and apply it to your scenario.

Firstly, here is a generated chart similar to your example:

| makeresults count=100
| eval status=mvindex(split("Closed,Open",","),random()%2)
| bin _time span=1d
| chart count by _time status

Here are the modifications to switch the order of the columns

| makeresults count=100
| eval status=mvindex(split("Closed,Open",","),random()%2)
| bin _time span=1d
| eval status=case(status=="Closed","2:".status,status=="Open","1:".status)
| chart count by _time status
| transpose 0 column_name=status header_field=_time
| eval status=mvindex(split(status,":"),1)
| transpose 0 column_name=_time header_field=status
0 Karma

Vish
Explorer

This can be used when the open and closed are values of a column 

but in my case its a week, open and closed are three different columns and in which open column and closed has the count of each week so I can't use this method

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps it would be useful if you shared what SPL you do have rather than making us guess? Also, some sample events would be useful too.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...