Dashboards & Visualizations

Upgraded Splunk 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 on Mac OS 10, why does dashboard search get stuck on "parsing job"?

dan_pudwell
Explorer

I have recently upgraded my local version of Splunk Enterprise from 6.3.2 to 6.5.1 on my macbook pro running Mac OS 10.11.6 (15G1004). On doing so I noticed that I could no longer do any searches. It seemed to hang on 'parsing job'. The strange thing is that all the dashboards continued to work just fine, however when trying to run the search that populated the dashboard panel it gets stuck on 'parsing job'. I then tried 6.5.2 and got the same problem. I then reverted to 6.4.5 and it works fine.
Is there some sort of incompatibility issue or did something get updated in 6.5 that is now affecting how the search works?

0 Karma

hugsandy

Has to be browser
Happened to me with Firefox, switched to Chrome everything looks OK

0 Karma

dan_pudwell
Explorer

I was using Chrome.

0 Karma

hugsandy

I am on 6.5.2 and was defiantly having issues with search in Firefox, it works and sometimes it does not
so i tried Chrome and it was Ok there. so i guess it not browser.
sorry cannot be of any help

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...