Dashboards & Visualizations

Unknown search command 'c' after saving dashboard panel based on pivot table

maxdranitski
Explorer

alt textI tried to create a Dashboard panel based on Pivot table.
- Pivot table was successfully created
- I saved it as dashboard -> it was also successful

However, when I got to dashboard I saw a message: "Unknown search command 'c'" - on the place where my created dashboard supposed to be located.

What does it mean? And how can I fix it?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

It probably means that that you accidentally overtyped something when you saved it to the dashboard.

Use "Edit" to edit the panels and look at what it is trying to do. You could also use "Add Panel" to re-add the pivot table to the dashboard.

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

It probably means that that you accidentally overtyped something when you saved it to the dashboard.

Use "Edit" to edit the panels and look at what it is trying to do. You could also use "Add Panel" to re-add the pivot table to the dashboard.

maxdranitski
Explorer

Thank you!

Fixed this problem. I had a value "C:\Windows\system32>java..." as a filter in my Pivot table. I got this value by mistake and instead of fixing my script file I tried to excluded it right in the Pivot table with Filter using.

I corrected my filter and changed its parameter from "C:\Windows\system32>java..." to "Windows" - so required value was filtered and excluded; and Dashboards works fine now.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...