Dashboards & Visualizations

Trying to use a dashboard token in an HTML button that is a new tab url in incident review

mjones414
Contributor

I have a dashboard panel configured to set a token called Tok_User  to click.value2, and another token called temp_search that sets the the value to user=$Tok_User$

In another panel, I have an HTML button that opens ES incident review using the following URL format:

<html>
      <style>.btn-primary { margin: 5px 10px 5px 0; }</style>
            <a href="https://mysplunkurl:8000/en_us/app/SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/incident_review?earliest=-7d@d&amp;latest=now&amp;form.status_form=*&amp;form.owner_form=*&amp;form.security_domain_form=*&amp;form.srch=$temp_search$&amp;form.selected_urgency=critical&amp;form.selected_urgency=high&amp;form.selected_urgency=medium&amp;form.selected_urgency=low&amp;form.selected_urgency=informational&amp;form.source=A_Src_I_Want&amp;form.source=Another_Src_I_Want&amp; target="_blank" class="btn btn-primary">Review New Activity</a>
      </html>

The sources fill in just fine, but in the search only "user" comes over, not user=<theclickvalue2username>

What am I missing to get this to transition properly?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

mjones414
Contributor

Figured it out...

replace "=" in my second token with %3D

View solution in original post

0 Karma

mjones414
Contributor

Figured it out...

replace "=" in my second token with %3D

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...