Dashboards & Visualizations

Timeline creation using eval case function

Denorsmith
Engager

I am trying to make a timeline showing different response code ranges being defined. This is the eval I am using, and I want to add the 4 different categories into a timeline dashboard panel.

index="stuff" sourcetype="things" src_ip="1.1.1.1" dest_ip="2.2.2.2"
| search TERM(attack_vector)
| eval Status = case(response_code>="400" OR response_code="0", "Blocked", response_code>="202" AND response_code<="226", "Partial", response_code>="300" AND response_code<="399", "Redirect", response_code="200" OR response_code="201", "Success")

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to put in the "stats" and "table" portion to make it show a line for each of the created categories! 

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Denorsmith ,

Please try below; (I also

index="stuff" sourcetype="things" src_ip="1.1.1.1" dest_ip="2.2.2.2" TERM(attack_vector)
| eval Status = case(response_code>="400" OR response_code="0", "Blocked", response_code>="202" AND response_code<="226", "Partial", response_code>="300" AND response_code<="399", "Redirect", response_code="200" OR response_code="201", "Success")
| timechart count by Status

removed search term before TERM for faster results)

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Denorsmith ,

Please try below; (I also

index="stuff" sourcetype="things" src_ip="1.1.1.1" dest_ip="2.2.2.2" TERM(attack_vector)
| timechart count by Status

removed search term before TERM for faster results)

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...