Dashboards & Visualizations

Time/count mapping in visualization chart different from statistics/table below

sajithpv

I indexed data from a csv file and then tried to plot data for count of events every 2 minutes. I get correct results in the statistics table, but when I see the chart in visualization, the count of events get reflected for time that is > 7 hrs from what is in the table below or statistics table. Any idea why data in statistics table not match with the visualization chart? Thanks.
alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

poete
Builder

Hello @sajithpv,
This can happen in case you have a timezone settings related to your role.
I would bet the the events contain a given timezone and that your role is associated with a different one (+7 hours). Can you please check?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

poete
Builder

Hello @sajithpv,
This can happen in case you have a timezone settings related to your role.
I would bet the the events contain a given timezone and that your role is associated with a different one (+7 hours). Can you please check?

0 Karma

sajithpv

Hi @poete, under my username->preferences, timezone was set to default. After changing this to my timezone and indexing data again, this issue got resolved. Thank you very much! Though the issue is resolved, am not still clear why data representation in the chart and table below were different, if both showed a different timestamp than what was there in the data indexed, I could understand.

0 Karma

poete
Builder

@sajithpv,

I turned the comment to an answer. Please accept it in order for other to find the answer more easily.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...