Dashboards & Visualizations

The place of comment() in xml move to anywhere in the xml according to certain conditions.

Shuhei052492
Path Finder

Hello Splunker,

I am in trouble to happen the issue to move the place of comment as like "" automatically.

To use the root element of in dashboard, the comment () automatically moves.
There are two triggers below.

1.Add input panel with GUI.
2.Delete input panel in GUI.
3.Change to dark mode with GUI.

This issue will be happened without saving the above actions.
Also I have confirmed with the following version and found the patterns.
-version
v7.1.2, v7.3.1

-The pattern to move comment.

1. A comment outside the <row> element moves up one line in the  <fieldset> element .
2. Within the  <panel> element, the comment between </ panel> and </ table> moves to the line below .
3. The comment written one line below the  <table> element of  moves to the line one line of </ search>.

alt text

Finally, I have understood the comments did not move between </ search> and </ table>, which are the place to put .
Is it in the specifications? OR workaround?
I have already the answers.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/371225/how-to-add-an-xml-comment-to-the-beginning-of-our.html

I appreciate any advice and tips.
Regards,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...