Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk stats command to get total count of existing field values in an additional new column

mbasharat
Builder

I have an index that has vulnerabilities that are affecting hosts.

index=vulnerabilities

Fields in the index are:

host, VulnID, VulnName

I have a lookup name Assets. It has field name DNS. This field DNS is to be used as host in index's query. e.g.

index=vulnerabilities
| stats .........
| lookup Assets DNS AS host .....

I need a query that gives me attached image results with fast performance because I have a lot of affected hosts with a lot of vulnerabilities. I will be using this query to create a scheduled report so I can reference this report in my dashboard to create panels. My query will be looking at a few days back based on my scans:
alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What about this: your current query | stats list(VulnID) as VulnID list(VulnName) as VulnName count(VulnID) by host

View solution in original post

0 Karma

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What about this: your current query | stats list(VulnID) as VulnID list(VulnName) as VulnName count(VulnID) by host

0 Karma

mbasharat
Builder

Hi @chrisyoungerjds,

With minor change, it all worked out. Instead of list, I used values and got desired output!! THANKS!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...