Dashboards & Visualizations

Is it possible to Splunk cloud bump?

smalonso
Explorer

Hello,

I've uploaded an application for the third time with updates on static/handler.js
To make be sure the dashboards are not loaded from "local" I've uninstalled and install from scratch, however I didn't change my .js name.

The issue is that my dashboard continues to load the old .js, in network calls I see it's call with a "version", like: /static/@ab..../handler.js

When I browse the url deleting the version number I see my new script has been correctly installed, so I tried to call _bump, but even when the url is found, it loads an empty page (Without the button bump like in enterprise version), and my script continues to be wrongly loaded.

I'm admin and have full permission over the platform, so what can I be doing wrong?
Does anyone know if it's possible to bump on cloud?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

While I don't think you can bump on cloud versions, what you can do is increase the build number of your app in app.conf:

build = <integer>
* Must be a positive integer.
* Increment this whenever you change files in appserver/static.
* Ensures browsers don't use cached copies of old static files in new versions of your app.

See the app.conf docs for more info.

View solution in original post

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

While I don't think you can bump on cloud versions, what you can do is increase the build number of your app in app.conf:

build = <integer>
* Must be a positive integer.
* Increment this whenever you change files in appserver/static.
* Ensures browsers don't use cached copies of old static files in new versions of your app.

See the app.conf docs for more info.

smalonso
Explorer

Hello,

This seems to work, now I can see the @number but it's followed by the build number.

Thanks for your help

0 Karma

vinod743374
Communicator

We are also facing the same issue, we tried the solution above, but no use.
Can you please help us to solve this, what exactly you did.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...